Red Beet Risotto with Golden Beets, Sautéed Kale, and Pan-Fried Zucchini (GF)



Yesterday's risotto was heavily based off of the beet and orange risotto I posted about a couple of weeks ago. As we had only one remaining red beet and the farmer's market has stopped selling them, I just couldn't resist whipping up one final batch of the magenta rice. This time, however, the risotto was even "beet-ier". Instead of boiling the beet, I roasted it, which added a deeper, almost caramelized flavor. I topped it with kale, tender from being sautéed in chicken broth while the risotto cooked as well as oven-roasted golden beets. The golden beets are perhaps even tastier than red beets. They are a little sweeter and have a stronger flavor...not quite as pretty though. The final touch was a little scoop of shredded zucchini that I quickly fried in a thin layer of olive oil. 
Perhaps the best beet-based meal to date...



0 comments:

Post a Comment