Three-Layer Chocolate Espresso Petits Fours (GF)




I am not quite sure what prompted me to design my own gluten-free petits fours today. Rather than spending my summer day leisurely reading a book, I chose instead to take on my first sponge cake, cut it into squares, layer it with coffee syrup and espresso swiss meringue buttercream, and coat each miniature cake with a layer of rich chocolate glaze. These petits fours were certainly worth the work that went into them. The sponge cake was mild and moist, and was definitely indistinguishable from the glutinous variety. The coffee syrup and smooth espresso buttercream added depth to the chocolate coating, and the pistachio garnish added just an extra hint of nutty flavor. 
I am excited to try making these in a wide variety of flavor combinations - my mind is already full of possibilities! I will post the recipe as soon as I have all the details and quantities worked out. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment