Chocolate Salted Caramel and Hazelnut Macarons (GF)


After a slight macaron failure a couple of weeks ago, I decided to give the cookies another shot. I knew as soon as I piped the thick, but not overly-airy batter into perfect disks that I had done something right. They did not spread and touch like those of my last attempt, nor did they puff and draw away from the parchment as previous batches have done. I made these shells following the recipe I posted previously, but when weighing out the powdered sugar, I included about four tablespoons of cocoa powder and reduced the quantity of sugar so that I still had 200g in total. The pictures above are of the shells after being piped out and sprinkled with a mixture of gold sprinkles and chopped hazelnuts, but before being baked.


 I filled these with a delicious salted caramel ganache. You can find the recipe here. Once refrigerated, it is the perfect consistency for macarons, as it stays firm and holds the top and bottom shell together.




0 comments:

Post a Comment